Our services are outside for the summer. We will record the service and hope to have it up by 4 pm.
- Main passages: Genesis 14:1-16 NLT; Luke 15:3-7 NLTSecondary passages mentioned: Luke 1:68; 1 Peter 1:18-19; Galatians 3:13
- Topic: Using accounts from the OT to define redemption and how that gives a deeper meaning to how Christ is our redeemer.
1. What are some words that have become "Christianese" when reading the Bible? How would you go about explaining those words to a new Christian?
2. Before today's message, what did the word redeem mean to you? How did your understanding of the word change after learning about Abram and Lot?
3. How does it make you feel to know that like in today's story from Genesis 14 and the parable of the lost sheep from Luke 15:3-7, that God is pursuing us at all cost and will not stop until he has brought us back to him? Where do you see evidence of this in your faith journey?